I got to interview one of my personal inspirations :) Martin Bjerregaard is a big inspiration for me not only because he has been extremely successful in his professional life but more importantly because he is an amazing human being.
Martin is one of the strongest advocates in Denmark for changing the world with compassion by being present in the moment, kind, and loving. Something I believe we need to see more off and that I hope to be a small part of.
Martins impressive bio includes starting the company factory “Rainmaking” where he helped build more than 30 companies and accelerate over 700 companies all over the world. He mentors and assists founders, change-makers, and pioneers. Martin is also the author of Winning Without Losing; a best seller book, and also the author of How to Be a Leader; published by School of Life.
Martin shares some of his life lessons and how to use business as a force for good.
This episode produced in collaboration with KRING.
- Learn how Martin’s foundational childhood experience helped ignite his entrepreneurship fire. 2:49
- Two insightful lessons that Martin has learned about the correlation of Happiness and Success 4:38
- Martin discusses changing the world with compassion and detaching from the outcome. 7:22
- We discuss the concept of “giving it the best” 11:09
- Find out one of the main contributing factor that got Martin to where he is today 12:58
- Learn how Martin re-invests and aligns himself. 17:41
- Why Martin thinks planning is not paramount and what we need to do instead to achieve amazing results. 19:27
- The importance of a North Star and optimizing on what excites us. 21.28
- Humility as the better option 26.36
- Acknowledging our ego. 27.09
- Advice for start-up founders when they feel out of sync. 35:44
- Martin’s thoughts on healing organizations 41:34
- Martin advice on how to deal with worries. 43:12
- Martin explores impactful investment. 49:19
Final recommendations from Martin:
- Try to live a life without attachments
- We should be very aware of what kind of stories we internalize
Links to selected resources
Connect with Martin Bjerregaard
- Martin Website: http://www.martinbjergegaard.com/
- Martin LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/martinbjergegaard
- Winning Without Losing: https://www.amazon.com/Winning-Without-Losing-Your-Best-ebook/dp/B0795FKD4T/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Winning+Without+Losing%3A&qid=1583399188&s=books&sr=1-3
- How to Be a Leader: https://www.amazon.com/How-Be-Leader-School-Life/dp/1250078733
- The Healing Organization: https://www.amazon.com/Healing-Organization-Awakening-Conscience-Business-ebook/dp/B07KDZ2SGF
- Regenerative Leadership: https://www.amazon.com/Regenerative-Leadership-life-affirming-century-organizations/dp/1783241195
CONNECT WITH MADS MISIAK FRIIS
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/madsmfriis/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/madsmf/
If you like today’s episode, then please subscribe and leave a review some more people can learn about the podcast.