#39: Dr. Ulrik Hjerpsted: Thoughts on how to protect yourself from the coronavirus
I had a chat about this with Dr. Ulrik Hjerpsted who is a vascular surgeon and has been exploring the world of functional medicine since 2001.
It was on the 8th of March, so before all hell broke loose with closing of borders. The interview is still very relevant and Dr. Hjerpsted predicted that the majority of Danes would get the virus and that it would become a global pandemic.
He also gives his advice on how to take care of our health in general and specially in times when we are more exposed to getting sick because of circulation of virus’.
- How Dr. Hjerpsted got into functional medicine. 01:02
- What is functional medicine? 02.35
- Introduction to the subject of the day: Coronavirus 03.35
- Why are people so worried about the coronavirus? 04:38
- How to avoid the virus and how to get through without getting too sick. 07:55
- What food to eat and which supplements to take in order to avoid corona. 12.10
- Which kinds of clients does Dr. Hjerpsted have as a functional medicine doctor? 14.07
- Fasting and the benefits. 18.57
- Fasting and the coronavirus. 22.02
- Exposing the body to stress when being sick. 23.30
- How to get a consultation with Dr. Hjerpsted. 24.35
Final recommendations from Dr. Hjerpsted:
- Fast, sleep and get some exercise especially walking
Connect with Ulrik Hjerpsted:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CONNECT WITH MADS MISIAK FRIIS
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/madsmfriis/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/madsmf/
If you like today’s episode, then please subscribe and leave a review for more people can learn about the podcast
This episode was brought to you in collaboration with KRING